Meet the Team
Jo Butler IEP – Co-Founder & Programmes Director
- 12 years recruitment expertise in education, welfare and government
- 12 years experience creating, developing and managing employability programmes on behalf of the DWP, both private and public sector employers
- Highly experienced in creating routeways to achieve ‘sustainable’ employment
- Passionate about giving back to others and inspiring others to help change lives
- Mental Health First Aider, Diversity & Inclusion lead & Disability champion
- Mother to a hyper chocolate brown cocker spaniel and 2 energetic children!
Role: To drive ‘quality’ performance whilst inspiring everyone involved to drive our social mission ‘to create more fair & inclusive opportunities within each of our sectors’.
As one of our company founders. Jo is passionate about ensuring our ethos and key values are driven throughout the business. Jo plays an active daily role to ensure this actually happens as opposed to this being ‘just a policy or job spec’.
Jo’s Motto’s: (She couldn’t just pick 1!)
“Nobody is ever too important or too busy to be nice to people so never look down on somebody unless you are helping them up.”
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”
“As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other permission to do so”
Steve Walker – Co-Founder & Chief Executive
- 28 years experience engaging with a range of employers throughout the UK
- Operates his own family run farm (Which our learners benefit from!)
- Strong employer relationships gained through his own recruitment agencies
- Father to 4 children and lots of animals! (Just ask about Perry the peacock and Rango the goat!)
- Experience setting up and running successful both recruitment and training organisations
- Both project managed and built our new eco-friendly offices (designed by his fabulous architect of a wife!)
Role: To support the growth of our business behind the scenes operationally. Steve strengths lie in our partnerships with large UK animal industry bodies and is passionate about promoting more inclusive and accessible careers within the animal sector. Steve will never be just behind the scenes because he just loves to speak to people! Please feel free to reach out!
Steve’s Motto: “You do the same things, you get the same results”
Suzannah – Head of Education (IQA) Animal Care
- To ensure as an organisation we uphold only the best integrity
- To help develop and grow the range of programmes on offer to our learners
- Bachelor of Science – Land-based Studies
- Foundation Degree in Animal Science and Welfare
- Experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse
- Experienced directing and running her own veterinary practice
Role: To lead Quality processes and procedures within all Animal Care programmes
Abi White – Lead Animal Care Tutor / Assessor
- Animal enthusiast with in-depth experience delivering city and guilds as well as ABC Lantra qualifications to different levels including levels 2 and 3.
- Great understanding and experience working with learners of all abilities including SEND individuals.
- BSc in animal behaviour and welfare.
- Level 3 award in education and training
- Level 3 assessor vocational Achievement (CAVA).
- Level 4 IQA qualification (currently obtaining).
Role: Extremely dedicated and passionate toward learner journey and progression. Abi’s role is to train and assess our animal care learners whilst overseeing the City and Guilds qualifications within the department.
Katie Brook – Head of Enrolments
- 20 years Animal Care experience, trained NACWO & Deputy Project License holder
- 11 years experience recruiting and supporting people into employment
- Experience within a laboratory environment and animal care environments
- ‘Cog’ of the company that keeps all administrative aspects of the business functioning such as our LMS system, enrolments and communication
- Responsible for managing the team of administrators and enrolment officers
- AET Qualified trainer (Award in Education & Training / Formerly PETTLS)
- Currently studying for her CAVA
Role: To enrol learners and offer every day learning and support to learners throughout their CPG journeys
Alison Luxford – Functional Skills Tutor
- 25 Years Experience teaching all ages from primary, secondary to adult education
- Skilled in E-Learning, Performance Improvement, Coaching, Government, and Organizational Development
- Strong education professional with a BA Honours focused in Maths from University of Greenwich
- Passionate about teaching others and supporting people to grow and develop
- Experience successfully supporting SEN students to exceed expectations
- Has a little Westie called Harley (Can often be seen in the background of her online tutoring sessions!)
Role: To support our learners with basic skills such as English, Maths and IT
Leilani Beltran – Science Ambassador
- 16 years of experience working in the science and higher education sectors in the UK and United States
- Real life ‘laboratory’ careers experience from entry level to laboratory manager
- Procurement specialist that encourages sustainable and socially responsible supply chains
- Passionate about inspiring others to join the world of science to help change lives
- Masters Degree in Forensic Science and Batchelors in physical and biological anthropology
Role: To help steer our sciences division in terms of both training content and experience. Leilani sees things from the perspective of an employer to ensure the learner has the best ‘fit for purpose’ experience possible whilst on programme