- Want to kick start your career working with dogs?
- Struggling to get a job in Animal Care because you do not hold a relevant qualification or physical work experience?
- Passionate about dogs and their welfare?
- Aged 19 – 24, unemployed or working less than 16 hours?
- Have a drivers license? (Company car is included with employment offer)
- Willing to commit to gaining a Level 2 Certificate in Animal Care (training will be online from the comfort of your own home)
- Want to gain hands-on work experience along with full support and in-depth training? (70 hours)
- Want the opportunity to gain a full time paid role at the end?
Bark & Birch are on a journey to become the global leader in dog services. Bark and Birch are on a mission to support young committed people to train up and kick start their career. Bark & Birch have partnered up with us here at CPG to help support and tackle UK unemployment by offering to train and recruit new Animal Care talent!
Who are Bark & Birch?
We operate nationwide across the UK, Ireland and Portugal, and have recently launched in the USA. We train over 500 dogs per month, run doggy daycares, mobile grooming vans and manufacture our own products while currently developing our own proprietary technology. We are proud to be a company that helps dogs across the globe. We support several rescue organisations in the UK, Spain, Greece & Romania and in addition to this we are opening our own dog shelters to help even more dogs in need.
You will be required to commute to and from clients home dropping and collecting the dogs from daycare. Whilst the dogs are at daycare you will be responsible for ensuring they are all exercised, played with, ensuring they all have food and water available whilst also assisting with the maintenance of the daycare itself. You must have a real passion for dogs and enjoy working with them all day!
- You must be confident, knowledgeable and experienced with dogs.
- Be a fluent English speaker with excellent communication skills.
- Must have a love for dogs, past experience with dogs (including puppies).
- Be flexible to work bank holidays if required.
- Clean UK driving licence
- Confident driver in and around London
- Willing to commit to gaining a qualification Level 2 Certificate in Animal Care via the traineeship scheme. You will learn or have an existing understanding of dog/animal welfare and health safety Available Monday – Friday
- Willing to complete 70 hours unpaid work experience training as part of the government traineeship programme
Bark and Birch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
At the end of your traineeship providing, you have demonstrated the right commitment and behaviours, we will be looking to offer full-time paid employment.
Details of the end job are below;
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £9.20 per hour (after completion of the traineeship which includes 90 Hours of Online Training with our Animal Care Trainer and 70 hours of unpaid work experience)
- Company car
- 12-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Driving : 3 years (Required)