- Ever wanted to play a part in setting up a recruitment division?
- Are you an established and experienced recruiter within Animal Care? (Maybe you’ve done veterinary or farming recruitment? If so, we want to hear from you!)
- Want to feel good about what you do by blending your commercial brain with your charitable heart?
- Want to be a part of a closely drive team with an amazing set of values?
- Want to work alongside a socially driven business that focuses on inclusively supporting people into careers within Animal Care?
We are looking for an individual who is experienced in animal care recruitment. (Experience of traineeships or apprenticeships is an added bonus but NOT essential as the employer services recruitment function is the main focus of this role.)
The successful applicant will have the systems and tools in place to hit the ground running to build their very own division, so for someone with an intrapreneurial spirit that’s driven by growth. This role will be client-facing and have the support of a resourcing team.
This role will play a key part in the business and its’s future plans therefore will sit within our Senior Management Team working with Co-Founders Jo and Steve, along with our own in-house RVN (Registered Veterinary Nurse). The candidate will be joining us with a view to working towards a director-level position within our organisation.
The Head of Employer Services is responsible for developing and delivering upon the employer engagement strategy for the Animal Care division, identifying opportunities to establish collaborative relationships with employers, nationwide, which establishes CPG as a recruitment partner of choice for entry-level employability incentives as well as day to day higher level recruitment needs such as permanent, temporary and contract opportunities. As mentioned above, our parent organisation has been running as a successful recruitment agency since 2001.
- Grow our existing Animal Care Employers Network across the UK
- Develop and deliver a UK Employer Engagement Strategy that supports recruitment for experienced and our entry-level taleNT
- As we have a social-driven mission, we are competitive in our recruitment approach. We expect the Head Of Employer Services to have sound knowledge of the market sectors within Animal Care
- Identify and capitalise upon emerging opportunities
- Represent ACP at national forums and other recruitment networks
- Develop, monitor and evolve current processes to help secure repeat business
- To ensure we attract and retain talent in the right places
- To manage talent attraction, ensure effective job boards and candidate talent pools ensuring ROI
- Supporting the Co-Founders with marketing strategies. We value autonomy and our team’s input and believe everyone’s voice should be heard. We listen and develop strategic steps together as a team
- Develop a set of performance measures to ensure that your division (and future employer engagement teams) are aligned to the requirements of the business. (You will have a part in formulating business targets based on P&L and realistic growth)
- Working with the Head of Enrolments to attract stakeholders (employers, referral partners and jobseekers) using advertising and social media platforms.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 Years experience recruiting within the veterinary or farming industry. (However, all transferable markets will be considered)
- A passion for helping people and Animals! We get that air fist pump and a warm sense of pride every time we make a placement!
- Extensive experience in meeting employers’ recruitment needs by attracting well-prepared candidates within the Animal Care fields
- Experience leading a team or the desire/ability to grow into Senior Management. (This could be a step up for you?
- Experience working from home with a geographically dispersed team. We are based throughout the UK. Head Office is based in London/Kent with remote staff based in the South West, South East, North East and the East of the UK.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement with demonstrated experience of growing and building new networks
- A sense of humour is a must! We are a fun bunch, who are open and honest! We are like a family here!
- Some understanding of the employability sector, and the challenges faced in the employment market for long term unemployed people and those with health conditions. (Although not essential as this can be taught with all staff being enrolled and having access to Employability IAG training)
- Experience in using MI to drive Continuous Improvement. We love a system and use a lot of our current system to determine success. (CRM, feedback and evaluation systems etc)
- A full driving licence to enable travel, although we have grown as an organisation just as well working from home with visits on a monthly or quarterly basis considering sensible factors such as time and costs VS effectiveness.
- Experience in the design, promotion and monitoring of employer engagement strategies
CPG is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values. Dependent on the role you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. CPG support the recruitment of ex-offenders and will not discriminate in any way. Our full policy statement can be found on our website under “Policies”
CPG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.