- Are you looking to launch your career working with animals?
- Are you passionate about looking after animals and offering the best welfare?
- Do you lack animal care qualifications, but willing to achieve them?
- Looking for a role with brilliant pay, structured training, and varied employer options?
- Are you struggling to get a job working with animals due to a lack of experience?
Our Traineeship programme is ideal for those that want to fast track and kick start a career working with animals but lack previous experience or the necessary grades. During this programme you will receive hands-on experience and support to add value to your CV and help you meet entry criteria for a future career. There are also paid opportunities for the right person at the end either through an apprenticeship or permanent employment. This is based on the candidate having the right attitude and behaviours!
You will be working in the life science industry and the placement will be working with the prestigious University of Liverpool. The role will be within an animal research facility as a Trainee Animal Technician.
The role of an Animal Technician is considered one of the best-paid roles within Animal Care with excellent career progression opportunities.
The role does require candidates to have the emotional maturity and an understanding of why animals are used in research. The UK is well known for holding the highest standards of welfare for animals in research. Prior to enrolment, we will take you through the history, ethics, and legislation surrounding animals in research.
As an Animal Technician, your duties will include;
- Health checking
- Record keeping
- Providing enrichment
- Cage washing and autoclaves
- General animal husbandry such as cleaning out, feeding, watering
- Understanding breeding and scientific procedures
- Handling animals
By joining our Traineeship you will have access to;
- Access and webinar specifically related to the life sciences industry
- 24/7 support – Our in-house team of highly knowledgeable Trainers provides support 24/7 ensuring you have the best experience and training. Having internal Animal Technicians in the team we will give you all the training and skills you require to pass each stage of the programme so that you can truly shine in your role. Just drop us a text or call our 24-hour telephone helpline. (This is an all year round helpline so yes, it does even include bank holidays)
- Work with the most prestigious and interesting organisations in the UK (like Uni or Liverpool!) – The role of an animal technician is like no other career working with animals. You can look forward to working within a large team of like-minded professionals in well-funded, clean and state of the art animal facilities
- Passionate and sociable teams – work with a team of fellow animal technologists every day that just like you share a passion for animals. You will be joining an elite workforce of super intelligent, animal loving (animal mad!) individuals that get to do what they love
- We build a portfolio for you! Whilst on your Traineeship journey, you will also build and develop a portfolio that contains employer testimonials based on your performance (which speak volumes compared to a standard CV!)
What will you gain
- Level 2 qualification in Animal Care
- Customer service level 1
- Functional skills
- Employability skills
- Animal Care CV/Portfolio created just for you
- Potential for paid employment or an apprenticeship for learners who show the right commitment and behaviours (the rest can be taught!)
- Unemployed or working 16hrs or less
- Qualified below a level 3 (if in animal care must be a level 1)
- Aged 19-24
So what have you got to lose? Take a leap… Talk to us today to find your future career! This traineeship could change your life!